Thursday, April 12, 2012

My Sword and Your Sword

“Sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God.”

The Word of God is our one and only offensive weapon; and it is all we ever need to fight the enemy.  I have been doing a lot of reflecting this week, on life, and on days past.  In this reflective thought process, God brought to mind many “battle tested scriptures”  from years back.  Verses in the Bible that came to me in difficult times.  Verses I used to fight the enemy; that I quoted day in and day out.  There are many wonderful and encouraging scriptures we can use to fight the enemy with, but these are “my” scriptures. 
                What I have been thinking on this week….are MY verses; my victory verses, and I would like to list them in hopes that they may give you victory or perhaps encouragement:

“Trust in the Lord with all thine heart and  lean not to thine own understanding.  In all thy way acknowledge him and he shall direct thy path.” –Proverbs 3:5-6

“The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.” -Matthew 6:22

“But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.” – Isaiah 40:31

“Search me O God and know my heart, try me and know my thoughts and see if there be any wicked way in me and lead me in the way everlasting.” - Psalms 139 23:24

“For do I now persuade men or God?  Or do I yet seek to please men?  For if I yet pleased men I should not be the servant of Christ.”- Galatians 1:10

“If I build again the things which I destroyed, I make myself a transgressor.” Galatians 2:18

“Ye did run well; who did hinder you that ye should not obey the truth?”- Galatians 5:7

“Then Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life.”- John 6:68

“But God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world is crucified unto me and I unto the world.”-Galatians 6:14

“For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.”- Romans 8: 38-39

“Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.” – 1 Peter 1:16

“Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.” –Isaiah 26:3

“Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.”- Psalm 19:14


“Draw night to God and he will draw nigh to you.”-Part of James 4:8

And finally……………

“But Seek ye first the Kingdom of God and HIS righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you.” –Matthew 6:33  (this verse is the secret to life)


This is a short list of my “battle tested” scriptures.  God has richly blessed his people and will continue to do so. 

What I have been thinking on this week is the way the Lord has led me and the Word of God that guided me. 

What have you been thinking on?  Perhaps there are a few scriptures that took you through a rough time?  If so please feel free to write them down and reply.  I would love to read them.

“May we know God so well, that we need not ask his will.”-Anonymous

Please reply to pgcollins65@gmail.com


 


No comments:

Post a Comment